Thursday, March 31, 2016

Percocet

...yesterday's blog post was interrupted by the Percocet haze I was in...more on why later...

Rhys's cesarean was scheduled for 2/19 and I had to go in for preop on 2/18. I wasn't excited about surgery, but I was happy to not be pregnant anymore. During preop I found out that my surgery was scheduled for 12-noon. I wasn't allowed to eat or drink after midnight, which pretty much convinced me that I was going to die. 

I woke up bright and early and spent time with Bug. We left around 9:30 to go to the hospital. I was supposed to be there at ten, but we stopped to take pictures and I lost paperwork...so only a little late. Opps. 

We met my nurse at the nurse's station and went to my room. I instantly loved her and her sense of humor. That helped calm my nerves. 

The Anesthesiologist came to meet me, and I broke it to her that I would have a panic attack. She tried telling me I'd be fine. I tried telling her to not drug me when I did freak. Something about not feeling your legs or chest and having your arms tied to the table. With Bug, I don't remember the first 2 hours after he was born. I didn't want a repeat. 

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Oh yikes! Panic attacks suck.. I couldn't imagine having one during all of that...

    ReplyDelete