Friday, March 14, 2014

Look! I wrote a blog post.

It's been a week hu? Damn. How did that happen? I'm really sucking at this blogging thing.

Life has been busy this week. We had a handful of play dates, which are the best thing ever. 1. Bug is entertained. 2. I get to talk to adults. I do feel bad for the ladies though. I spend the majority of my time by myself, so sometimes I open my mouth and it doesn't close for two hours. Opps. (Consider this your public apology!)

Like I said. I don't get out much.

The Bug WAS getting a tooth, then it was gone, and now it's back. I didn't realize teeth could recede before they finally broke through. I know that is broken through now. Want to know how? He bit my toe. HOLY SMOKE that hurt. He laughed hysterically as I cried out....we need to work on timing.

In other Bug news he is really walking, although he still chooses crawling as his preferred mode of transportation.  Today he walked across our house, and while it is adorable it makes me incredibly sad. I can't believe he's going to be a year in a little over a month. I'm trying to not be sad about it, because we are lucky that he is growing, healthy, and happy. My sweet husband is helping me plan his birthday party. We still aren't sure what we're doing, but hey, at least we know we're having a party for him.

As for what we're getting him. We are having a hard time figuring that one out. He's only 1. While it is a big deal, it's not really a big deal. Does that make sense?  I think we are going to make him a busy board. We joked about starting a climbing wall for him, but it doesn't sound so crazy the more we think about it. We'd have to buy him a harness though, because if he's going to climb, he's going to learn to do it safely. A wall will probably be for a few birthdays from now though.

My ribs are still giving me trouble. THAT's fun. I went to the doctor that they referred me to in December....finally. He told me what was wrong...do I remember? No. I heard blah, blah, blah, blah, steroid shots into your ribs, blah. The shots into my ribs really made me perk up. No, no thank you. I'll live with the pain in my side. I go see him again next Friday.

Hopefully I write something between now and then..."hopefully."

We took Bug back to the Ice Park on Tuesday and he was able to actually get out of his stroller and go down slides and spin and have fun. The kid has ZERO fear. Nada. I think I should just wrap him in bubble wrap now, to be safe.



1 comment:

  1. Hey, the zero fear could come in handy in AK. Maybe he'll saddle break Martha and you can get through your fear of mounting! ;-)

    ReplyDelete