Monday, February 3, 2014

Bug Mode

I can't believe that it has been almost a week since I last wrote a blog post! Wow. Time flies when I am visiting my family. It's crazy!

This weekend my cousin and her family came in to go to see Punxsutawney Phil. They came in around 7 pm, and we went to bed close to midnight....and woke up at 3 am. There wasn't enough coffee in the world for that. Bug was off on his first sleepover, and the ONE TIME I could sleep all night, I slept 3 hours. It was worth it. My cousin and her family are awesome.

We left our house and got to Punxy around 5:00. We drove around trying to find parking, but could not. I was 16 the last time I went to see Phil give his prediction, so I've done it, and once was enough. After about 30 minutes we decided to go home. I know that sounds stupid...drive the whole way there to turn around, BUT I got to get coffee and then sleep for HOURS without worrying about the Bug. It was nice.

Yesterday was also one of my favorite days of the year. It's like Thanksgiving, but a "snacky" version. I love snacks, so it's right up my alley. Even better was that the SEAHAWKS were in the Super Bowl. I L-O-V-E the Seahawks.

I don't need to analyze the game. I'm not sure that Denver actually showed up. About half way through the game my mom made a comment that she was impressed with how calm I was (I flipped out during the NFC Championships.) No real point in flipping out when the Broncos are getting demolished.

My favorite moment of the game did not have anything to do with the actual game. At the same time Marshawn Lynch got the ball and ran it in for a touchdown, Bug took two steps! Marshawn might go into Beast Mode, but Bug goes into Bug Mode. Bug waking was as adorable as I imagined it would be. He took a few steps today from the couch to the table, but still thinks that crawling is the fastest form of transportation.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Bug walking! It's a whole new world now - let the fun times begin :) Can't wait to see you guys in February.

    ReplyDelete