Monday, April 21, 2014

Bug Birthday Wrap-Up

Poor Bug. He was up this morning at 6:30 with his poppa, and I got to sleep in for a few extra minutes. He tottled (is that even a word? Is that even spelled right?) over to my bed and started babbling at me. I think that is by far my favorite way to wake up in the morning. He had woken up at 4 am and had a bit of a fever, but went right back to bed. His fever stayed around the rest of the day. Maybe to celebrate? Regardless, it put a damper on our birthday celebration that I had planned. He wouldn't let me near his mouth, and spend the whole day putting everything in his mouth, so I hope it is teeth. I'm sort of over him being sick.

He got some balloons from mommy and daddy and he loved them! His great aunt sent him some balloons in an envelope and he played with those too. I'm just waiting for him to pop one.

We watched Sesame Street to celebrate his birthday, and then he took an early nap. When he woke up we met daddy for lunch at the Cookie Jar and he LOVED that.

He decided to put his french fry into the water....and then eat it. 

After lunch we went to pick out his birthday present from mommy and daddy (okay..another present from mommy and daddy.) We bought a bike trailer! It's a Burley Bee and was 20% off. We really hope he likes it. There are some really nice trails around town and I would love to be able to take him out around our house. Nothing like spending a couple hundred dollars on something your child "might" like. He seemed interested in the store.
Hello Summer!
We got home and Facetimed (is that a verb? Can I use that as a verb?) with his Grammy, Mimi, and Grey-Grey (my nephew named my dad, and it's awesome!) He opened two gifts, but was not felling well and really just wanted to go to bed. We did sing to him and let him destroy a small cake. We had planned on him destroying a corn bread cake, but we just didn't have the time today to make it. Oh well. I am making him a cake for his birthday party on Saturday.

The poor Bug passed out by 5 and woke up at 10 for a bottle and some Tylenol. Teeth or otherwise, send good thoughts he feels better tomorrow! I'll post more photos as the week goes on as his birthday, has turned into a birth week.

No comments:

Post a Comment