Thursday, March 6, 2014

Babysitters Club

I might have the most active 10 month old known to mankind....okay, I know that isn't 100% true, but holy.smokes. Today was Mother Moose. It is at 10:30, and right smack dab in the middle of nap time. LUCKILY (sarcasm) Bug woke up at 5 am. I somehow convinced him that sleep was AWESOME and that he could sleep with momma if he'd just SLEEP. He is so stinking cute when we sleep together. He snuggles right up and melts my heart. 

Lucky for us, he was wide awake and ready to go to Mother Moose. He LOVES IT. It might be one of his favorite things EVER. Today it was really busy, and lots and lots of babies. His BFF's were all there. When we walked in he saw his friend that he hasn't seen in almost two months. He was just SO excited to see her. Other than using her to pull up, I "think" she was happy to see him too. 

During the story time, Bug made it his mission to try to get to every single infant in the room. I don't know what he's thinking, but he kept crawling towards them and then trying to smash them in the face. I "think" he really likes babies, but just doesn't understand how to interact with them. I hope that's the case. I'm sure I was "super" popular. 

When we first started going to Mother Moose I remember watching my friends babies crawling around, while my little Bug just sat there....oh, those were the days...sigh. I wish I could just sit there. 

During story time, I turned my back for .3 seconds. When I looked back, Bug wasn't playing where I had left him. I couldn't find him ANYWHERE. My heart stopped (not the first and not the last.) He was there, just quicker than I think he is. At one point he grabbed his buddy and they started to crawl OUT of the room. My kid was skipping class with his bestie. 

His besties mom and I followed them. They crawled across the library the whole way over to the fish tank. It's no short distance, and the kid didn't even look for me! Thanks for making me feel loved. Thanks a lot....

All in all, I needed a nap after story time. 

In other fun news, Bug had his first babysitter tonight (that wasn't family.) She's Italian, and a PhD student  in (something impressive) at the University. We had her over for dinner on Saturday and he LOVED HER. She came tonight and he melted. I'm glad he liked her so much. Bug's dad and I went to dinner at his Archaeological conference. I've learned my lesson in the past, stayed for just the dinner part and left before the talks started. Not saying that the talks aren't interesting....it's just that they aren't interesting (unless you're an archaeologist.) I came home to a passed out baby. Hopefully he had a good time and is now fluent in Italian (that was my request when I left the house.) 

Bug has some other exciting news too. This morning he fell flat on his face (no, that's not it.) When I checked his face, I noticed that FINALLY we have a tooth coming in. I see it! 10+ months and no teeth, but it's almost here! 

Hope everyone has a great weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment