Thursday, December 12, 2013

Spicy Pretzels

A few Christmas's ago, our friend Jessie gave us an AWESOME assortment of tasty-deliciousness. On of the things was Spicy Pretzels. I am 99% sure that my husband and I inhaled the entire bag before we even left the house. (I still need that popcorn recipe!)

THESE.ARE.AMAZING

I have never had these, or heard of these anywhere else outside of Elk County, PA. If I have had them it was by someone from Elk County, or has family from Elk County. Maybe I don't get out much.  I wanted to make a big ol' batch for Christmas, so ta-da! They were so flipping good that I asked Ms. Jessie if I could share the recipe. 

You will all want to hug her and squeeze her, but that would be awkward. If you want to send her internet millions I can handle that transaction for you. 

Enter the world of deliciousness! 

Ingredients:
1 cup Canola Oil (super healthy right?)
1 tbsp Cayenne Peper
1/2 tbsp Dill Weed
1 tsp Cajun Seasoning (or blacken steak magic of equivalent)
1 Hidden Valley Ranch Packet
1 lb Pretzels (sourdough, not the little ones, and not the fat ones you lose teeth over)


Combine all except pretzels. Mix well with a whisk. Break up pretzels by hand and put in large ziploc bag. Pour mixture over pretzels. Let coat and absorb for ~1/2 hour. About 15 minutes into the 30 minutes I turned the bag upside down again. Dump onto baking sheet and bake @ 200 for 1 1/4 hour.



You may need to take one for the team and eat some to get EXACTLY a pound.
Either that or I just wanted to eat pretzels. 

15 minutes in and flipped.

If you are going to make them for a gift, make two batches. I'm not saying that you'll eat a whole pound of pretzels...I'm TELLING you you'll eat a whole pound of pretzels. Ask me how I know this. Another nice little tidbit of information. Let's say your power goes out for 4 hours in the middle of baking these bad boys, they still turn out wonderfully.

If you make these feel free to send me the fan mail for Jesse. I'll make sure she gets it!



No comments:

Post a Comment